- Information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users)
- When we share information
- Links to other sites
- How we secure the information we collect
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- Children’s Information
- Updates to this policy
- How to contact us
This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you, including how you can object to certain uses of the data, as well as how you can access or update certain information about you. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use our Services.
“Personal Information,” as used in this Policy, is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual’s name, postal address, telephone number, or e-mail address, password and password hints, device identifiers, product keys, and in some cases troubleshooting data related to hardware and software. Personal Information also includes information about an individual’s activities, such as information about his or her activity on our Service, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to Personal Information that identifies that individual.
Personal Information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, Service, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed.
Information we collect
We collect information about you either when you provide it to us or use our Services, or in some cases, when other sources provide it to us.
Collection of Voluntarily-Provided Information
We primarily collect information about you when you provide it to us directly or use our software. For example:
- Our Service collects geolocation information when you use our mobile application. This information may include your physical location, such as street address, latitude and longitude, and Internet Protocol address, and the time of recording the location or the duration at that location.
- Our Service collects data from our web/mobile application and unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAVs” or “drones”), including telemetry data, map data, location data, and data regarding the systems of the vehicles.
- We may offer e-mail newsletters, marketing campaigns, promotional communications and product launch/upgrade/support messages from time to time. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your e-mail address. Similarly, when we host conferences, we’ll gather the information necessary for us to plan your participation in that conference.
- Our Service gives you the ability to register for a FlytBase account or to create and update a user profile. We will collect the personal information that you provide to us in the course of registering for an account or creating or updating a user profile. This information may include, for example, name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and related demographic information about you. Some personal information is required for you to register for the account or to create the profile, and some are optional.
- Our Service may contain interactive functionality that allows you to engage with other users on the Service, to post comments to forums, to upload photographs, map data, telemetry data, location data, drone data and other content (the “User Materials”), participate in surveys, and otherwise to interact with the Service and with other users. If you use any interactive functionality on our Service that request or permit you to provide us with personal information, we may collect this information as well.
- We collect payment and billing information when sign up for our paid Services, including name and contact information. You might also provide payment information such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
- If you email us, call us, or otherwise reach out to us, we’ll gather the information you provide so that we may best answer your questions and provide you the support you deserve!
- Our Service collects your approval to send push notifications regarding important updates about software or general news about the company. We neither force any users to accept push notifications, nor we ourselves add you in our push notification service. We use OneSignal as our push notification partner. You may read OneSignal policy at https://onesignal.com/blog/product-policy-updates-for-gdpr/ – FlytBase is not responsible or liable for the same.
Passive Information Collection
When you use our Service, some information is collected automatically. For example, we automatically collect your browser’s Internet Protocol (IP), your browser type, language settings, location settings, the nature of the device from which you are visiting the Service (e.g., a personal computer or a mobile device), the identifier for any handheld or mobile device that you may be using, the Web site that you visited immediately prior to accessing any Web-based Service, the actions you take on our Service, and the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Service. We also may collect information regarding your interaction with e-mail messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. When you operate an UAV via the Service, we automatically collect, among other information, information identifying the vehicle, flight path, flight logs and sensor data, regulatory compliance, operating software, communications, as and where applicable.
We may collect this information passively using technologies such as standard server logs, cookies, and clear GIFs (also known as “Web beacons”) and geolocation tools. We use passively-collected information to administer, operate, and improve our Services and systems, and to provide other content that is tailored to you.
If we link or associate any information gathered through passive means with Personal Information, or if applicable laws require us to treat any information gathered through passive means as Personal Information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information under this Policy. Otherwise, we use and disclose information collected by passive means in aggregate form or otherwise in a non-personally identifiable form. Please be aware that in the course of your use of the Services, websites or other Services provided by third parties (“Third-Party Services”), including marketing or website optimization vendors, may set “cookies” on your hard drive or use other means of passively collecting information about your use of their Third-Party Services or other Services or content. We also may make non-personally identifiable information available to Third-Party Services, and these Third-Party Services may collect such information, to assist them in understanding our users’ activities and usage patterns on the Services. If desired, you may use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to opt-out of having information collected by Google Analytics.
We do not have access to, or control over, the actions of Third-Party Services. Each provider of Third-Party Services uses information that it collects in accordance with its own privacy and security policies.
Additionally, please be aware that Google and other third-party vendors may place or recognize one or more unique cookies on your computer when you use the Services, and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on our Services and on third-party websites and other Third-Party Services. Google and these other third-party vendors may use information about those activities to inform, optimize, and serve advertisements. In particular, we may use Google and other third-party vendors to engage in “remarketing,” in which advertisements you see on third-party websites and Services may be based on your prior visits to our Services.
To learn more about these practices, and to opt-out from Google’s and other vendors’ use of information collected on the Services through cookies for advertising purposes, you may visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager, TRUSTe’s Preference Manager, or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page. We are not responsible for the activities of other parties that may not comply with your opt-out requests.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you, including Personal Information, from third parties, and may combine this information with other Personal Information we maintain about you. If we do so, this Policy governs any combined information that we maintain in personally identifiable format.
- To enable our website to operate correctly.
- To maintain your preferences and settings.
- To allow you to sign-in, be authenticated, move from page to page within the Site without having to sign in again on each page.
- To detect fraud and abuse of our Site and Services.
- To enable your use of social media.
- To provide your feedback.
- To gather usage and performance data that helps provide our Site efficiently.
- To use load balancing to ensure that our Site remains up and running.
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate the main reasons we typically set cookies. If you visit one of our websites, the site may set some or all of the following cookies:
Cookie NameDescriptionExpiryOneSignal Push NotificationCollect user’s browser cookies after the user accepts it.Until browsers get updated or user removes the cookies from their browser.Google AnalyticsUsed to analyse website traffic & user behaviors to improve overall performance.By default, _ga cookie expires after 2 years from the date it was last refreshed. Every time a new hit is sent to google analytics, the cookie is refreshed.DriftUsed for Conversational Chat-Bot & Live Chat Applications.Until the user asks to remove their data.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, certain browsers allow to block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies. To find information about specific browsers, please visit the browser developer’s website.
How we use the information we collect
We will use the information we collect for the purposes you have communicated to us, and to help us offer you better, more secure services, and to communicate with you. These include our efforts to improve and operate our Services, to secure and prevent fraudulent use of your information, and for other administrative purposes. We may also use the information we connect to provide you access to FlytBase services, products, platform, and to enable collaboration with other users, and to record activities.
We may also use your information to contact you regarding our Services, and offers, both from ourselves and from third parties, which we believe you may find of interest, while ensuring you can opt-out of such activities at any time.
We usually do not share other personal data collected from the “Site” with other third parties. However, this may happen if:
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process
- We need to operate and also maintain the security of the Site, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users)
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the website you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of FlytBase as described in this Policy.
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
FlytBase adheres to data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable, include the following rights:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You have a right to request from us, a “data controller” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
- You have a right to request from us that your personal data are erased, subject to certain exceptions;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (though this will not affect any processing that has already taken place). Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use, though in some cases this may mean no longer using the Services.
When we share information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent. These exceptions include:
- Service Providers
We may disclose Personal Information to third-party Service providers (such as for payment processing) which assist us in providing our services to you. We limit the Personal Information provided to these Service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information.
Occasionally, we may make the e-mail addresses, of those who provide information, available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you may find interesting. In these cases, you will be offered an opportunity to limit the access of your information to such third parties.
- Public areas and related third-party services
Some features on our Service may allow you to upload User Materials to public areas of the Service, such as content which you post in a public profile on the Service. We may make these User Materials available to Services operated by third parties which display content from the Site. Please be aware that any Personal Information that you include within any User Materials will be made available to other users and to these third-party services, who view it.
- Business Transfers
Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an investor, financier, acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, investment, debt financing, sale of FlytBase assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- To Protect our Interests
We also disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or it is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others, or otherwise to help protect the safety or security of our Service and other users of the Service.
You may access and control the information about you which we gather. You may access and update many categories of personal information by logging in to your account and accessing your account settings. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com.
If you receive commercial e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the e-mail, or by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial e-mail from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial e-mail from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding our Service.
If you request that we delete your account on any of our Services, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your Personal Information if necessary to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. Because these needs can vary for different data types and purposes, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Links to other sites
The Service may contain links to other websites, products, or Service that we do not own or operate (‘Third-Party Sites’). For example, the Service may contain links to upload data to another Web site or Service for processing on our behalf. If you choose to visit or use any Third-Party Sites or products or Service available on or through such Third-Party Sites, please be aware that this Policy will not apply to your activities or any information you disclose while using those Third-Party Sites or any products or Service available on or through such Third-Party Sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Third-Party Sites or any products or Service on or through them. If you provide personal data to any such Third-Party Sites your data is governed by their privacy statements.
How we secure the information we collect
We take great efforts to secure and protect your personal data! Our services incorporate privacy by design, including a variety of technical and organizational measures, to ensure we are providing the confidentiality and integrity which your data deserves. If there ever is a breach of those data, we will notify you as quickly as possible, as required by regulatory requirements.
How we transfer information we collect internationally
Our servers and data centers are located in the United States (U.S.). If you choose to use the Service from outside the U.S., then you should know that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and into the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information to us through your use of the Service, you agree to that transfer, storage, and processing in the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
Children’s safety is important to us, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active interest in the online activities of their children. Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 on our Service, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected any such personal information on our Service, please notify us at email@example.com.
Updates to this Policy
We occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. Your continued use of our Service after such changes will be subject to the then-current policy. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, protect and disclose your information.
How to contact us
If you have questions about this Policy or about FlytBase, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at:
1900 Camden Ave,
San Jose, CA 95124
Last revised: 05 March 2020